A Note on Links: When reading back posts, please be aware that links have a short half-life. You can find working links to all of the MHS resources on our Educator Resources Page.

Thursday, April 2, 2015

How to Kill a Word

This is not about Montana history or heritage education or primary sources or any of the other things I usually write about. But I thought it was brilliant and potentially useful, especially for high school English teachers.

In his slideshare "How to Kill a Word," writing coach Patrick McLean explains how and why writers should tighten up their writing. My coworker and I made it interactive by trying to guess his edits.

I also liked his slideshare "The Road to Hell is Paved with Adverbs."

You can find more of McLean's stuff at his website, good words (right order).

No comments:

Post a Comment