A Note on Links: When reading back posts, please be aware that links have a short half-life. You can find working links to all of the MHS resources on our Educator Resources Page.

Thursday, April 10, 2014

Summer Workshops and Spring Fieldtrips, Part I

Last week I let folks know about our upcoming Women's History Matters Educator Workshop--but we're not the only folks planning summer professional development.

The Montana Writing Project has some excellent workshops on tap for this summer, including Worlds Apart but Not Strangers: Holocaust Education and Indian Education for All. The application deadline has moved to April 20--but, according to the organizers, applying sooner is better. A list of their other workshops is here.

Of course, you don't need to wait until summer to receive professional development training. The Montana Indian Education Association will be holding its 33rd annual conference in Missoula, April 17-20, 2014.

On a completely different note, the director at Chief Plenty Coups State Park asked me to let teachers know the park's field trip program. Can you believe I've never been to Plenty Coups home? But I've heard enough about it to know it is a fabulous resource for folks in the Billings area. And--since we're talking about field trips--what's the best history/heritage education related field trip you take your students on? Let me know at mkohl@mt.gov, and I'll share the responses.

I'll post more summer professional development opportunities in coming weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment