The National Museum of the American Indian on the National Mall in Washington, D.C., has a new exhibit: A Song for the Horse Nation: Horses in Native American Cultures. Can’t travel to D.C.? They have also put the exhibit online.
We’ve added a link to it under “Interesting Links” in Chapter 3 of the Montana: Stories of the Land Companion Website.
I’ve come across several other cool online exhibits lately.
The National Library of Medicine created this exhibit: Native voices: native peoples’ concepts of health and illness.
Closer to home, check out the University of Montana Special Collections Library’s online exhibits.
- Homesteading: The Dream and The Realities
- Tales of the 1910 Fire
- Glacier National Park Centennial 1910-2010
- Transportation In & Around Missoula
- Orchards in Western Montana
- Trading Posts and Mercantiles in Western Montana
- World War I Propaganda
- Immigrant Montana
- A History of the Home Economics Department